YUKON BUILDING & LAND DEVELOPMENT is a Michigan company founded in September of 1995, owned and operated by David Dowling. His career began in Florida in 1978 building his first subdivision, a single family housing development. Dowling has an extensive background in building restoration starting as a waterproofing contractor in Florida. He managed and employed the expertise to renovate historic complexes. Dowling has worked on landmark historic buildings on the west coast of Florida. He developed a superior reputation for quality and economy. He team also participated in several housing subdivisions, commercial and industrial developments.
Landmark Properties in 1987 purchased the Book Cadillac Hotel in Detroit, MI. Dowling having a background in historic renovation was hired out of Florida to manage the 90 million renovation project. The project funding fell short. Walbridge Aldinger part of the team hired to do the renovation hired Dowling as a development consultant. That commission led to the relocation of the Walbridge team to Detroit. With the Walbridge team Dowling developed other opportunities in the metro area. For the last 25 years in Michigan Yukon Building & Land Development has constructed luxury homes, condominium projects and participated in partnership in several medium to large property development programs.
Dowling and his team was hired by Pacific Tomato Growers, one of the largest tomato growers and packing plants in the United States, Dowling combined their existing properties with additional privately held properties in Palmetto Florida. The challenge was to develop the second largest tomato packing plant in the country. Following site development and the removal of the existing packing plant which packed 150,000 lbs. per shift. Dowling removed the existing plant and replaced it with a new building capable of 300,000 lbs. per shift within the off season of 4 months. Extensive planning and production scheduling was needed to accomplish construction of this plant. The plant was fully operational three weeks early.
Other projects Completed by Yukon include:
- Youth Care Associates - As owner was awarded the establishment of the Wayne County Youth Academy Project. This effort set the standards for the development of the five 80 bed locked facilities now in operation by non-profit corporations within the State of Michigan.
- Maxey Training Facility - Built computer centers. Updated Maxey buildings and infrastructure projects.
- Wolverine Human Services - Dowling was instrumental in acquiring and re-zoning property for their Youth Camp in Vasser Township, Michigan.
- Walbridge Aldinger - Development consultant in the areas of property selection/acquisition and the design/development.
- Walbridge Aldinger World Headquarters - Participated in the six story building in Detroit Michigan.
- GSA - Consultant for the four story parking structure in downtown Detroit now attached to the new police station.
- Woodland Oaks Subdivision - As general contractor zoned and constructed the infrastructure and built the single family homes in the Woodland Oaks Subdivision.
- Edgewater - Completed a ten unit Northville upscale Condominium Project.
- Center of Humanistic studies - Planned and developed a 28,000 Sq. ft. School for masters and doctoral program.
- Danou Enterprises - Developed and the infrastructure for the Utica Town Homes project. The project consists of over 300 condominiums.
- Single Family Luxury Homes - As general contractor Yukon has built from the ground up or extensive remodeling projects in the Michigan area.